Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How? Why? What?

Moms such as myself are all too familiar with the following questions:
How?
Why?
What?

With a 4 year old and a 6 year old, I have to know a LOT. They are very inquisitive and are constantly thirsty for knowledge. They always ask how things work or how they are made, why things work the way they do, and what do things mean. My IQ is up there, but I still can't keep up with these guys. Luckily, I have my Phone-A-Friend - my dad, who answers space, math and science questions that I just have no clue how to answer.

Also, I am competing with Ethan's teachers. I used to be THE authority in his life, my word was the gospel, but alas, I have been usurped. (I like to use words like usurped to prove that I do indeed have an IQ of some sort) Now he says things like: "but Madame pronounces it this way" or "Madame says lunch is called diner NOT dejeuner".

So the other day we were talking about the movies Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda, which they want for Christmas. Ethan asked me,
"How do they MAKE DVDs?"
So I take a deep breath and I'm about to launch into a whole spiel about the fabrication process of DVDs, which by the way I know nothing about, when he says,
"I know, I know Mummy, it's ok".
I'm all like,
"You do?"
and he says
"Yes, Mummy, it's the ELVES. THEY make the DVDs."

"Yep. It's the elves, sweetie."

Thank God for the elves.

No comments: