Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Only One

In my house (and perhaps in yours) there is a certain inequality. Before it drives me completely insane, I'm going to blog it out. In my house...

I am the only one who cleans the toilet. And yet...
I am the only one who never misses the toilet
I am the only one who changes the paper towel
I am the only one who does the grocery shopping
I am the only one who volunteers
I am the only one who notices the need to do laundry
I am the only one who takes the bottles to the depot
I am the only one who tidies the garage
I am the only one who tends the garden and planters
I am the only one who dusts
I am the only one who changes the sheets
I am the only one who gives medicine
I am the only one who cuts the boys' fingernails and toenails
I am the only one who commutes to work
I am the only one who bakes
I am the only one who decorates the house
I am the only one who buys kids clothes
I am the only one who shops for birthday presents
I am the only one who....

Wait, this is beyond depressing. You know I could go on, but why bother? It's as futile as trying to get the boys to pee in the actual toilet.

Keep Calm and Carry On.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You sound like you could use a hug. <>
Boys are troublesome, full of joy,