Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pick Your Jaw up off the Floor

Ethan's 7 today! Happy Birthday to my big man! And I'll recap later this week. But I've GOTTA tell you this related story.
Jack had picked out a very nice present for Ethan, wanted to wrap it and everything, of a lovely box of Ritz crackers. You know, the kind that are sandwiches with cheese inside? Yummy, yes. Ethan's favourite, yes. But a birthday present? Hhmmm. But whatever; Jack was stoked so I let him buy it for E.
Fast forward to Mike and I shopping for Ethan. We picked up Monsters vs. Aliens, thinking Jack could supplement his kick-ass present with a DVD. We put the kids to bed, and I went in to Jack's room to tuck him in. While in there, I whispered to him, would he like it if we tucked Monsters vs. Aliens in there as a present from him to Ethan? And his response:
"EFF Yeah!"
Um, pardon?
"Well, I'm not allowed to say the bad word, Mummy, that's why I said EFF Yeah! You know, the word with the finger?"
And he demonstrates the finger. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Because HE'S FIVE, y'all! Please somebody, tell me where he's heard the expression "Eff yeah"? The real one with the real word? Because he used it in proper CONTEXT!
I think we'll be in the principal's office sooner than any other kindergartner.

No comments: