Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #2

Today I have Thirteen of my Pet Peeves for you:

1. Gas prices. It cost over $93 to fill my tank this week. It's been a while since I got a full tank since the Chevrons near me all cut the fill off at $70. Obviously with gas at $1.58 per litre, $70 is nowhere near enough for my V6. Now, instead of choosing Yes to the Fill? question, I say no and get it to authorize for $100. Sigh. I know Americans are complaining about gas being over $4 per gallon, but there are four litres in a gallon, people. If you do the math, Canadian gas is over $6 per gallon now.

2. My neighbours have built this on their deck. Which pisses me off immensely.

3. Certain 5-1/2 year old boys who are still having “accidents” almost daily. How can the 4 year old have such good bladder control and the older one still have so many difficulties? It’s pure laziness, I think. And we have tried taking privileges away and nothing seems to be working. I make him go every two hours, and still. Laundry, laundry, laundry.

4. I am peeved at certain people in my household who choose to stay up all night and then come to bed at, oh, let’s just say, 5 am, which of course wakes me up a full hour and 15 minutes before the alarm at 6:15. This is even more peevesome (peevish?) because I was up late playing Rock Band and dude, this rock star could have used that extra hour and 15. I already knew I was pushing it for a worknight, but c’mon!

5. Right now I’m a little ticked at having to clean the house prior to the cleaning lady coming. Because right now the house is too messy for her to clean. Because right now every other (male) member of this household who together are collectively responsible for 98% of the mess are currently conveniently otherwise engaged.

6. Peeve: why can’t every day with the boys be as magical as last Sunday was? It was just a lot of fun to all hang out; Mike and his dad got to golf while me and the boys went out to lunch and the activity centre before meeting up with them, and we just had so much fun together.

7. My sore throat. It hurts to swallow. Wah, wah, I know. Cry me a River.

8. Have I mentioned the weather lately? All right, so we’ve had a FEW sunny patches, but it’s still freezing most of the time. Sunday was the exception – it got to 26 degrees in Whistler. I was very happy.

9. The fact that I can’t even get done folding one set of laundry before the next load begins. Here’s my bed right now:

And Wait, there’s more to do!

10. Why, when somebody cleans the kitchen, does that somebody leave the food remnants in the sink/garburetor? Everything else is stashed in the dishwasher or gleaming in the drying rack, but there are two things that this somebody NEVER does. Grind up the food (it can get stinky, you know) and put away the oven mitts. They go in the same place every time, Mr. Somebody. I’m just telling you indirectly through my blog so you can discreetly come upstairs and grind up, mister.

11. While I’m talking to Mr. Somebody, I may as well mention pet peeve #11 – toenail clippings in the toilet. It wouldn’t kill you to flush them, then your wife wouldn’t freak out and think she’s got worms.

12. That I didn’t eat more of Erin’s fabulous Banana Cake with Chocolate icing yesterday when I had the chance. I would have even scraped the remnants up off the plate if I thought I could get away with it.

13. I am waiting for the 2010 Olympic volunteer people to call back. They called yesterday at 3 pm to do my phone interview (while I was at work) and Mike suggested they phone back same time today. I have literally been sitting at my phone since 2 pm, just in case, (it’s 4:30 now) and they still haven’t phoned. I even prepped the boys by saying, “As soon as the phone rings, I am flipping on Treehouse and there will be NO talking to me until I hang up the phone.” I am really anxious and I hope desperately to be part of the volunteer efforts of the games.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Holy cow, I laughed until I cried. I love that you blog more than once a week now. Mr. Somebody.....he he he. Could he mention that toilet flushing thing to some other Mr. Somebody's you might know.