Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Truer Words Were Never Spoken

My friend Susanna and I went for lunch yesterday on a patio overlooking the golf course on a beautiful 20 degree day. It was sunny and hot; our first hint of heat since September! I even got burned! And I was even excited about that! My whole day was spent with a smile! And I was singing at the top of my lungs in the car! It was quite fantastic.

Jack joined us, and was a perfect little gentleman the whole time. In the car on the way home, he pipes up with this gem:

"I'm never getting married!"

We ask him why not, and he replies:

"Because I DON'T want to have kids!"

Again, why not?

"Because sometimes, kids just DON'T listen, and that is fer-us-ter-ating!"

Susanna can't help it and busts out laughing. I tell Jack that it certainly is frustrating when our kids don't listen, but even still, we are happy to have our kids. Still, his reasoning is sound and truer words were never spoken. Little smartass.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

My son seems to be taking lessons in Not Listening lately, causing me to get QUITE FER-US-TER-ATED!