Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ew gross

I "raced" a 10 km run this morning. It was beautiful (not raining) and although my ankles are sore from trying not to slip on the wet leaves in the trails, overall it went pretty well. Without training much lately (really, not training at all. Maybe I ran sometime in September? Or August. I think I walked a while ago...) I decided to make it a 5 K, and completed that in 29 minutes. I then walked 1 K and ran the rest, so I was perfectly happy with the day's results. Overall was 1 hr 9 min. I was mad because Mike had taken the boys to hockey just before I left the house, and he had the car with my sunglasses and his running glasses in it. And I did get a killer headache this afternoon, but the worst part was getting the fly in my eye. I blame the lack of glasses. And Mike, of course. I got the fly in at 2.5 K, and didn't get it out until the car on the way home. At a red light, I pulled down my eye lid and EW there it was. So I peeled it out.

I blinked just now (10 hours later) and felt something shift to the corner of my eye. Just poked around in there and pulled out a wing.

Now I am going to go throw up.

No comments: