Monday, June 9, 2008

Moody Monday

“Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time” – The Mamas and the Papas

“There's just one thing
That I just can't stand
I can't stand the rain” – Tina Turner but my favourite version was from the Commitments soundtrack

That about sums it up. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. Add in a GRUMPY Ethan (sorry but he deserved capital letters this morning), and the chilliest, long-lasting rain that June has ever seen. It’s currently 9 degrees, people! (For my faithful few American blog-watchers, that’s barely 50 Farenheit) Come ON! Normally, I am the one who looks on the bright side when people complain about the weather. “Hey, that’s why I love Vancouver – it’s so green!” or “I’m a BC girl; I don’t melt!” and other such perky sayings. Now I realize how darn annoying I have been. This weather sucks and I am done with it. My bones need a 30 degree day like you would not believe. (Think 90, Americans) I am currently cuddled up in a blanket with a hot drink (my 3rd hot drink of the day) and I’m freezing. Sigh. I hate Mondays.

I would like to show you Exhibit A: What the boys were wearing outside in February:

And now here is Exhibit B: What the boys are wearing in JUNE:

Enough said.

Ethan and Jack are currently addicted to MarioKart on the Wii. It’s a very cute driving/racing game and they’re quite good at it. We normally will only let them play a maximum of once a day, but today I had to let them play again. Ethan campaigned really hard: “Mummy, I’ve been thinking, and it’s not like we can play outside today or anything, so I really think you should relax on the couch with a blanket while we play MarioKart.” Who am I to argue with that logic?

Kim came over for lunch today and I made us some yummy chicken quesadillas with guacamole. Oops, did I just toot my own horn there? Well, honk, honk. They were good. Now I have to figure out what dinner’s going to be. I have a thousand ideas but sadly they all involve actually getting off the couch.

A soggy goodbye for now! – T.

No comments: