Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer 2011

Hello - long time no post!
The last month of school was very busy for the boys and I. Mike was in Brazil for work for 7 weeks, and I was working a ton as part of the team rolling out new computer hardware and software to all our locations. That project is still ongoing until the end of this month, but the boys are out of school and Mike is now back, so we are able to relax into summer a little bit.

Actually today we have ZERO on the calendar. Absolutely nothing! This is so rare that we have no idea what to do with ourselves. Ethan was sick last night so we are able to take it easy.

We think it was something he ate because he is fine today - all the puking happened between about 9:30 pm and midnight. Oh, he is a horrible barfer. If the word "spew" could apply to anyone it would apply to Ethan. All right, that's probably enough details about THAT.

What I'd like to do this summer is post a few photos each week to show you what we're up to. Here's a shot of them on the beach; I can tell you this was when they were with their Gramps because I tend to dress the kids in swimshorts when WE go to the beach. But maybe that's just me?

That's all I've got for this first part of the holidays. We've done some fun stuff but just haven't documented it in photos yet. After the kids got out of school, we picked Mike up from the airport the next day. Then the day after that was Canada Day, and we celebrated with a BBQ and pool party at the Buckdill Ranch. We actually had great weather this year! Other than that, we've gone on some bike rides (with my new birthday bike!), had loads of birthday cakes, and went to a Whitecaps soccer game. I'm pretty sure Mike has a picture of us at the game but it's on his new phone so I can't get to it here yet. The boys were in a day camp this week as well, so they had a lot of fun playing each day.

Starting tomorrow they are in a Sports camp for the week so I will try to take some more photos of these monkeys. Until then!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh hon. I can't wait to see some of your summer festivities. Why is it you only blog when someone's sick? I make the best progress then too...or when they're watching tv. ;)