Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 12 (Tuesday Feb 23)

I didn't get to take our athlete to the airport today. I was supposed to go down to help him with his bags as, due to his injury, he is unable to lift them himself. However, when push came to shove, he needed to choose between space in the car for me to sit to help him at YVR, or space in the car for the last of his bags. He chose to take his bag home with him. I hope he found someone to haul his stuff once he got to YVR! I was ridiculously sad to say goodbye to him. We had a nice hug and farewell, and I promised to send him our pictures. Sad, sad, sad to say goodbye.
:(
So I consoled myself by watching Team Canada spank Team Germany in hockey. Sigh of relief at a happy result! And I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when someone offered me a ticket to tonight's Victory Ceremonies at Medals Plaza. Isn't the torch purty? Here are the women's biathlon teams getting their medals: This shot makes me swell with Canadian pride: the Mountie saluting Canadian Gold in Ski Cross. Then they gave out the Men's Alpine Giant Slalom medals; here are the flags being raised: After all the medals were awarded, The Fray played a set. It was fun! Now I'm tired and need my beauty rest. Bonsoir!

No comments: