Sunday, February 7, 2010

Full Day Today (Sunday, Day Six)!

I had to be up early today - all three of the Whistler NOC Assistants to Andorra were meeting with our chef de mission this morning to set our schedule for the rest of the month. I met Maria Ana on the bus, and Erin once we got to the NOC Services Centre. I think the three of us make a great team! We also have an Assistant in Vancouver, who I hope to meet on Tuesday.

After our meeting, I stayed on for the rest of the day. I didn't have a whole lot to do, but explored the athlete's village a little more to learn where the different teams were staying. I also saw the village store, the stage and the plaza area, which were all new to me.

This evening, Whistler Mountain did this Fire & Ice show at the base of the gondola, so I met 7 other assistants for dinner outside at the Longhorn. We FROZE, even under the heat lamp! Here's Erin, me and Maria Ana: And here's another terrible outdoor night shot, showing the ring of fire that the skiers and boarders were jumping through and doing tricks: It was pretty cool... and SO cold that I am still not warm yet, and I got home almost 2 hours ago. Granted, the cabin is pretty freezing but me and the Magic Bag are huddled under two blankets and I'm also wearing 2 sweaters and fuzzy socks. Hmpf, maybe I will wear my tuque to bed tonight... :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wishing warm vibes your way....I'm sorry you're so cold, but boy it's really heating up there, SO EXCITING!!!!!